The most common and most loved variety of Bhaji
1. 5 medium sized Onions
2. 1 fresh Green Chilli
3. 100g Rice Flour
4. 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
5. 2 tsps Laziza Ginger & Garlic paste
6. 200g Gram flour (Besan/Chickpea Flour)
7. 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder (or to taste)
8. 2 tsps Ground Cumin
9. 2 tsp Curry Powder
10. Salt and Pepper
11. 1 tsp Ground Coriander
How to do:
1. Chop one of the Onions and the Green Chilli.
2. Sieve the Gram and Rice Flour into a large bowl.
3. Add the Curry Powder, Chilli Powder, Ground Cumin, Coriander, Salt and Pepper.
4. Now add the finely chopped Onion and Chilli.
5. Slowly add water, whilst stirring the mixture, until you get a thick batter.
6. Now, coarsely chop the remaining 4 Onions and add them to the batter.
7. Mix well, and leave to stand for 10-minutes.
8. Heat a Deep Fat Fryer to 190C - and carefully lower 3 or 4 golf ball sized Bhaji's into the oil.
9. Remove when crisp and brown.
10. Serve hot and enjoy
Can be served with a Chutney or Raitha