1. Baking soda 1\4 teaspoon
2. A handful of pudina leaves (mint) and coriander leaves
3. Green chillies 4
4. Rice flour 1 cup
5. Salt 1 teaspoon
6. Potato/Onion/ any other vegetable
7. Channa dal flour 2 cups
How to make:
1. Cut the vegetables (whatever chosen) into thin slices, preferably circular.
2. Mix the channa dal flour and rice flour, baking powder and salt
3. Add water to the mixture so as to make a paste similar to idli batter and keep aside.
4. Grind pudhina (mint) and coriander leaves, and the green chillies and mix it well with the already mixed ingredients.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Take each vegetable piece and dip each of them one by one in the above prepared flour mixture and drop into the oil pan and deep fry until it turns brown. It will be greenish brown in colour because of the mint and coriander leaves paste added to it.
7. Lower the flame now and then, to avoid smoke. Only then the bajjis will be crispy.
8. Serve hot with chutney.
9. Cauliflour, capsicum cut into medium slices can also be dipped in the flour mixture to make bajjis.